TEXSOM CODE OF CONDUCT
TEXSOM Code of Conduct
TEXSOM is committed to fostering relationships, facilitating learning, encouraging critical thinking, and advancing the wine industry. We are grateful to those who have committed time, effort, and resources to the same mission.
This gratitude for our supporters and dedication to our mission keep TEXSOM committed to maintaining an excellent reputation within our industry and providing a positive, professional, and ethical environment for all who participate in TEXSOM events.
Our continued success as an international growth and community building event for hospitality and beverage professionals from all tiers of the industry relies on our safe, inclusive, and hospitable environment. To continue fostering this environment, TEXSOM established its Code of Conduct and Ethics (the “Code”) for all TEXSOM event attendees, volunteers, speakers, competition judges, and other stakeholders (collectively, “Participants”). The standards of conduct set forth in the Code apply to all Participants at any TEXSOM event.
TEXSOM strongly encourages good faith reporting of any concerns of potential violations of The Code or other misconduct. Participants may report concerns directly to TEXSOM staff. Alternatively, reports, including those made anonymously, are accepted through TEXSOM’s online ethics reporting site at ethicssuite.com/texsom. This service is available 24/7/365 and administered by Ethics Suite, an independent third-party hotline provider.
Compliance with Laws, Rules, and Regulations
Our Participants obey the letter and the spirit of the law. This is part of the foundation on which TEXSOM’s ethical standards are built and is critical to our reputation and continued success. If a local law requires a higher standard than set forth in this Code, then Participants should follow the higher standard.
Harassment, Bullying, and Intimidation
TEXSOM considers diversity in its events as a tremendous asset and provides equal opportunity to all Participants. As such, TEXSOM is passionately committed to hosting events that offer an environment free from:
- Disparate treatment, harassment, or discrimination based on gender, color, race, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or gender expression, religion, creed, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law
- Unwelcome sexual advances or sharing of sexual images
- Unlawful verbal, physical or visual harassment or bullying
- Invasion of privacy including harassing, offensive, or unwanted photography, video recording or social media posts
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or threatening behavior or demands for sexual favors
- Inappropriate requests, coercive behavior, or demands for political favors, financial advantage or any other unethical business practices
Conference and hotel staff are available during events to assist with contacting venue security or local law enforcement, if needed.
TEXSOM does not tolerate any form of retaliation against a Participant who reports a potential violation of the law or this Code or who supplies information in connection with a report.