Congratulations to the TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition Winners!
- 1st Place: Andres Blanco, Caracol Restaurant, Houston TX
- 2nd Place: Mandi Nelson, New Waterloo, Austin TX
- 3rd Place: David Donelson, Classified Wines, Dallas TX
The winners were awarded the following scholarships from SOMMFoundation to be used for a Court of Master Sommeliers certification program.
- 1st Place: $2,500 Scholarship
- 2nd Place: $1,500 Scholarship
- 3rd Place: $1,000 Scholarship
26 Applicants were selected to compete in the 2017 TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition.
We accepted applicants from Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas.
The competition includes a tasting exam, practical service exam and written theory exam and is judged by Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine from around the globe during the TEXSOM Sommelier Conference. The winner was announced at the Grand Tasting and Awards Reception on August 14th.
- TEXSOM Best Sommelier Winners
- 2017 Andres Blanco
- 2016 Rachel DelRocco
- 2015 Nathan Fausti
- 2014 Joelle Cousins
- 2013 Scott Ota
- 2012 Ryan Tedder
- 2011 Bill Elsey
- 2010 Jason Huerta
- 2009 June Rodil
- 2008 Scott Barber
- 2007 Mark Sayre
- 2006 Devon Broglie
- 2005 Kim Wallace