NEW DATE THIS YEAR – SATURDAY, AUGUST 11, 2018
Thank you for your interest in applying to compete for the 2018 TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition.
The application period is now closed. Applications are being reviewed and individuals will be notified prior to the opening of registration if they are one of the 25 competitors in the 2018 TEXSOM Best Sommelier Competition.
The competition will be held Saturday, August 11th and Sunday, August 12th, 2018 at the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas. The competition includes a tasting exam, practical service exam and written theory exam.
The following Scholarships will be rewarded from the Guild of Sommeliers Education Foundation to be used for a Court of Master Sommeliers certification program.
- 1st Place: $2,500 Scholarship
- 2nd Place: $1,500 Scholarship
- 3rd Place: $1,000 Scholarship
TEXSOM BEST SOMMELIER COMPETITION ELIGIBILITY
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older.
- Applicants must be a current resident of Texas or contiguous states (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma)
- Competitors can not have achieved Advanced Sommelier Certification or higher with the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- Previous TEXSOM Best Sommelier winners are not eligible to apply.
- TEXSOM Best Sommelier Winners
- 2017 Andres Blanco
- 2016 Rachel DelRocco
- 2015 Nathan Fausti
- 2014 Joelle Cousins
- 2013 Scott Ota
- 2012 Ryan Tedder
- 2011 Bill Elsey
- 2010 Jason Huerta
- 2009 June Rodil
- 2008 Scott Barber
- 2007 Mark Sayre
- 2006 Devon Broglie
- 2005 Kim Wallace